Saturday, June 14, 2008


Watch out, ye Chennaivasis on October 7, 2004. Jadugar (Magician) Anand will ride a motor-cycle across the length and breadth of the city for over 40 kms -- blind-fold!
This doesn't mean other traffic will be off the roads or that Chennai traffic will come to a halt. Far from it. The magician wants to ride when peak traffic is on, and he will flow with the traffic.
Anand wanted to hold the event in Chennai for a charitable cause. "After all, money is not everything in life. I thought that all I did was entertain the people. I must do more towards social causes. The Chennai event is the beginning of this exercise", said the magician.
He had sought permission for his motor-bike adventure for October 6, but permission from the city police was not forthcoming. Therefore, he hit upon an alternative route to get clearance. He asked the Tamil Nadu Speaker to inaugurate his motor-bike event, and the Speaker agreed to flag off the rally on October 7 from Kamarajar Arangam in the evening.

1 comment:

Ravi said...

Excellenent Job by Magician Anand